Monday, September 28, 2009

Jesus, I would like to tell you what I am thankful for...



An advertisement appeared on TV tonight, and while I suspect it's intent was to promote (viral advertising) an Evangelical/Pentecostal church in the area, it directed viewers to click their way to a website and tell Jesus what they are thankful for by means of a message upload (a Twitter-type entry). I tried logging in to the website tonight, but to no avail, so I would like ot share here what I would like to most thank Jesus for in my life:



Jesus, thank you for giving us the Holy Catholic Church, which is the pillar and foundation of truth (1 Timothy 3:15), for founding it on Peter, the rock (Matthew 16:18) whose successor today continues to feed your lambs, take care of your sheep and feed them as you yourself instructed (John 21:15-17), and is unceasing in its mission to make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them all you have instructed us (Matthew 28:19-20).

Amen.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.