Thursday, November 10, 2011

Movember: I ask you to prayerfully consider...



Earlier this year I battled my own demons with depression, and while I was fortunate enough to avoid being clinically diagnosed with the condition I know first-hand the difficulties an individual goes through to attain good mental health. Things get better but the battle doesn't end easily; it takes more than just "positive thinking". If left unchecked and unacknowledged, depression can have devastating effects not just on the individual, but on their families and other loved ones. 


My motivation for getting things together spiritually, mentally/intellectually and physically, was my wife, my children, the rest of my family, and the students that I teach. I want to be a good man of God for them; one's mental health is pivotal if you are going to play a pivotal role in the lives of others. Primarily I recognise as a Christian that seeking refuge in our Lord Jesus Christ is the first step. Without Him we are helpless:

"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:28-30


This is the first time I have spoken openly about this to anyone apart from my wife and my parents and this year my involvement in Movember is more than just about raising money: it's personal. I have put my full weight behind this cause this month. Please give generously; the more we know about about this condition the easier it will be to identify and treat.


Donations can be made via my "MoSpace" page found here (click on the 'Donate' button): http://mobro.co/Spitty81

Thank you for your support.


God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.